Storage Facility In Westchester
3 Important Things You Should Know When You’re Looking for “Storage Units Near Me in New London County, CT”
For more than 33 years, Safe N’ Sound Storage Facility has been the most trusted storage facility in New London County. We’re a full-service, family-owned and operated facility that offers short- and long-term rentals for both non-climate and climate-controlled storage units in a large selection of sizes. Conveniently located in Westchester, CT, and exceedingly safe, pristinely clean, and reasonably priced, we’re the first choice among New London County residents who are looking for storage places near me. Whether you’re in the middle of a move, you’re renovating, you need to store seasonal items, or you’re in need of a place to keep extra inventory for your business; whatever your storage needs may be, if you’re looking for storage facilities near me, you can count on Safe N’ Sound Storage Facility to keep your belongings safe and sound.
3 Things to Know When You’re Looking for New London County Storage Units Near Me
Is it your first time renting a storage unit? If so, you’re going to want to ensure that you’re set up for success; after all, you’re going to be using the space to store your belongings and you want to make sure that they’re safe and secure. Whether you’re in the middle of a move and need a space to keep your possessions temporarily or you have amassed a collection of memorabilia that you need to store for the long-term, here’s a look at three of the most important things that you should know before you start looking around for storage units near me in Westchester, CT.
The Different Types of Storage Facilities
The first thing you need to do is decide which type of storage facility you would like to rent. There are a few different options.
- Full-service. Also known as “on-demand” storage, full-service facilities provide valet-style storage. They pick up your belongings and bring them to a storage unit for you, and when you want to take something out of storage, the facility will locate and remove the item and deliver it to you. This type of storage eliminates the hassle of bringing your items to the facility, which can save you time and aggravation. A lot of companies that offer on-demand storage will document and take photos of the items you are storing. Many Westchester, CT residents and business owners choose full-service storage for the convenience that it offers, but that convenience does cost a bit more.
- Self-storage. Self-storage is the option that probably comes to mind when you picture a storage facility. Unlike full-service, with self-storage, you are responsible for bringing your belongings to the facilities and you store them yourself. You are also responsible for removing the items from the storage unit. Self-storage units can offer drive-up or walk-up access and they are usually less expensive than full-service storage.
- Climate-controlled. With climate-controlled storage, your belongings are stored in a unit that provides temperature and humidity control. These units are outfitted with heavy-duty insulation and high-quality HVAC systems and dehumidifiers are used to manage the temperature and humidity levels with the units. Typically, interior temperatures are held between 55 and 85 degrees F and the humidity levels are around 55%. While these units are a bit more expensive to rent, the trade-off for the higher price is that they protect your belongings from extreme temperatures and moisture and the damages that these conditions can cause.
- Temperature-controlled. As the name suggests, temperature-controlled storage facilities manage the temperature within the units; however, the humidity levels are not managed. Like climate-controlled storage facilities, the temperature in these units is usually held between 55 and 85 degrees F. Prices are less than full climate-controlled facilities, but usually, they’re more expensive than non-climate controlled.
- Non-climate controlled. Lastly, there’s non-climate controlled storage. These units are the most basic; they offer little if any, insulation and the temperature and moisture levels within the facilities are not maintained. This is the most cost-effective type of storage unit.
Which should you choose? It really depends on your specific needs. For instance, if you’re planning on storing electronics or paperwork for your business, a full-service, climate-controlled storage facility may be the right option for you, but if you are going to be storing a car or an RV, a non-climate controlled, self-storage facility may be a better choice.
The Size of the Unit
You’ll also need to consider what size unit you need to rent. Storage facilities offer units in a variety of sizes; 5’ x 5’, 5’ x 10’, 10’ x 15’, 10’ x 10’, 10’ x 15’, and 10’ x 20’ are the most common sizes that are offered; however, some New London County storage facilities offer even large storage units. Keep in mind that the size of the unit will impact the cost of the rental; obviously, the larger the storage unit, the more expensive it will be.
If you aren’t sure what size you need, here’s a basic guide to give you a general idea of the average amount some of the standard sized storage units can hold:
- 5’ x 5’ – small personal possessions
- 5’ x 10’ – 1 bedroom apartment
- 10’ x 10’ – 1 bedroom house
- 10’ x 15’ – 2 to 3 bedroom house
- 10’ x 20’ – 3 to 4 bedroom house
If you aren’t sure what size you’ll need, speak with a representative of the storage facility you are considering using. Let the associate know what you plan on storing and if the company is reputable, they will be able to recommend an appropriate size.
Find Out About Security
It goes without saying that you want your possessions to be as safe as possible while they are in storage. As such, it’s important to find out what type of security measures a storage facility uses to protect your belongings. Security options can include trained guards that monitor the entrance and the entire site, surveillance cameras, passcodes that need to be entered, or identification that needs to be presented at the gate in order to enter the facility. When you’re asking about security, you should also inquire about how any issues that may arise will be handled; for example, if your unit is broken into, how will the facility manage the situation and compensate you for any possessions that are damaged or stolen? Keep in mind that you may need to invest in insurance in order to properly protect your belongings, as many Westchester, CT storage facilities do not insure the property of their patrons.
For the Safest, Most Reliable Storage Units Near Me, Head to Safe N’ Sound Storage Facility
If you’re looking for secure, reliable, and affordable non-climate or climate-controlled storage near me in New London County, contact the most trusted storage facility in the area: Safe N’ Sound Storage Facility. Since 1987, we’ve been protecting the valuables of Westchester, CT residents and business owners, and we’re confident that you will find our facilities will offer the space you need and the security you desire – at prices that you can afford. To learn more about our storage facility or to reserve a short- or long-term rental, call 860-448-1800 or visit www.www.SafeNSoundStorageGroton.com today!
- Learn more about Westchester, CT 06415
- Open a Westchester, CT map
- Find the Westchester, CT United States Post Office
- Locate nearby Westchester, CT pharmacies
- View the current Westchester, CT weather report
- Browse a list of Westchester, CT public and private schools
- Westchester, CT is located in New London county in Connecticut State